Before I joined MaxCDN there was no documented content strategy. Published content was unedited and the voice inconsistent. Also, the startup was paying freelance technical writers up to $200/hour to write content.
After joining the team in November 2014, I created the company’s first content strategy and put together a cost-effective team of freelance writers and designers. I also created some of the startup’s most valuable pieces of content.
In April 2016 I created a new content strategy. Unlike the initial strategy that solely focused on building owned content, the new strategy focused on building owned content and buzz (media pitching, guest posting, and content partnerships).
Robert gets content marketing. He is able to deliver on time and with quality. He’s the kind of guy who you can have a quick brainstorm with, discuss what has to be done, and before you know it, it’s all done. Whether it’s a webinar, white paper, blog post etc, he delivers excellence. He is also a quick learner and very adaptable. Plus his skills don’t stop at the creation of the content. He is also skilled at the distribution and social media aspect of content marketing. I would hire Rob again in a heartbeat.
Kris Kayyal, Growth Hacker at MaxCDN
- Wrote viral post that led to 10,000+ same-day pageviews and 20+ same-day sales
- Made blog readers 2.5 times more likely to convert
- Increased organic/referral traffic substantially with a minimum viable content initiative
- Wrote content linked to by Google Developer team
- Wrote content that started relationship with Yahoo
- Started newsletter and built to 11,000+ opt-in subscribers
- Wireframed and wrote copy for new pricing pages (old here)
- Helped create core values
This is content that I created myself or that I’ve helped our content team create:
- What is a CDN? (Article)
- The Honest Truth About CDNs (Blog Post)
- Improve 3 Google Ranking Factors with CDN (Blog Post)
- The SSL Performance Myth (Blog Post)
- MaxScale Interviews (Blog Post Series)
- CDN Framework (Blog Post Series)
- Securing WordPress Against Hackers (Guest Blog Post)
- How Hotjar Made the Rapid Switch to MaxCDN (Case Study)
- Building the Ultimate Hosting Business (Contributor Post)
I had the pleasure of working alongside Rob for many years. When he joined MaxCDN, he wasn’t technical at all, however, I was very impressed by how fast he learned our product and soon became more knowledgeable than every sales person in the company. His articles were very well written and being MaxCDN’s first content writer, his efforts really pushed our company forward. He is also a great guy and any company would be lucky to have him.
Sean Walsh, Business Development Specialist @ MaxCDN