These are the small changes I’m making from Routine 2.1:
- Stretch or do yoga before morning run. Not after. After I take my shower I’m ready to write and read. Not relax and meditate.
- No cheat day on Saturday. Being able to drink three drinks is cheating enough.
- Weekdays for workout routines — not weekends. Remove the Sunday workout. Add the Sunday workout to Wednesday. On the weekends, you like relaxing — not having to stick to a workout schedule. If a workout happens on the weekends, it happens. No pressure.
- Three healthy meals instead of “conscious eating”. Conscious eating is very vague. I’m already conscious about the food I eat so don’t need to remind myself by building it into my routine. I’m grateful for this accomplishment.
- No coffee. It makes you anxious.
- Three healthy meals per day. No snacking. You don’t need it. You’re just fidgeting. Drink a hot cup of herbal tea instead.
- Light drinking. One drink max weekday evenings. Three drinks max on the weekend and during special occasions.
- Don’t consume anything after dinner. You don’t sleep well if you do. Except on weekends of course. You’ll probably do some drinking.
- Morning rejuvenation. 15 minutes of yoga or stretching every morning.
- Morning jog. One mile jog every morning.
- Monday: Chest and abs
- Tuesday: Cardio
- Wednesday: Arms and legs
- Friday: Back, shoulders, abs
- Weekends: workout optionalDaily workout.
- Screenwriting. At least one page every day.
- Scriptreading. At least 10 pages every day. In the morning.