Website WP Media
Making the web better, faster and lighter
Do you like troubleshooting WordPress issues and answering technical questions? Do you always like to document yourself precisely before giving advice? Are you able to maintain a friendly and professional communication that invites people to trust you?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you.
We are looking for a friendly person in love with customer support to join the Support team for our website optimization plugin WP Rocket.
In your everyday job in Techcnical Support, you should, first of all, enjoy connecting with people!
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You will provide friendly and professional technical support to our customers via email (we use HelpScout): you will answer questions from both technical and non-technical users, and troubleshoot problems.
- Your invaluable feedback to the development and product team will help improve our customers’ experience.
- You will contribute to the plugin documentation by creating and updating content.
- You will report issues on GitHub
- Being yourself. The WP Rocket team is diverse and composed of people from all over the world.
- Respect, collaboration, and inclusivity are some of our core values (more on this below). Every day of work is an exciting opportunity to get in touch with fantastic people who will enrich your cultural and professional background.
- Proficient knowledge of English. You will need to be able to write and communicate in English effectively, respectfully, and professionally. If you also know French, don’t hesitate to specify it in your application: this is a great plus (not mandatory, though!) since part of our team and many of our customers come from France.
- Strong previous experience in customer service. One of the key aspects of this job is assisting people with WP Rocket and with website optimization. You are patient and empathic. Questions don’t intimidate you, because you love finding answers to even the most bizarre queries!
- Know the basics of web performance. We will train you for this, and we will always have your back, don’t worry, but an understanding of web performance is preferred.
- Be a proficient troubleshooter. You love solving problems and getting to the heart of an issue. You’re able to communicate the steps you took and summarize the problem to help customers and teammates understand it.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- Previous freelance or remote job experience.
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps, and to volunteer within the community.
- Love for cats or Corgis! What would our working days be without our four-legged friends?
- Flexible working hours.
- Minimum vacation policy (you should take a minimum of 5 weeks per year: really, we don’t count them!).
- Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.