Website Kanopi Studios
Design, build and support websites
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in WordPress & Drupal. We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact. All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a WordPress Engineer.
As a WordPress Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads; responding to support tickets, running updates and doing site configuration; creating and maintaining custom themes, plugins, and documentation; and being a resource for your peers. You will be developing and maintaining sites while keeping yourself accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, CTO.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of WordPress sites.
- Answering technical questions from others on the team.
- Writing custom themes and plugins.
- Working with git to commit your code regularly.
- Communicating regularly with your team about task estimates and progress and identifying potential problems.
- Using documented user stories, technical requirements, data models, and process flows in your development work.
- Problem-solving, collaborating, and asking questions proactively.
- Fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect with your team and on your projects.
- 3+ years of WordPress development experience or the equivalent.
- Experience working within an agency environment and with remote teams.
- Experience identifying and surfacing potential project issues.
- Passion for the web and open source development.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with modern development tools and methods such as atomic and responsive design, gitflow, container-based environments, task runners, CSS preprocessors, IDEs, and CI/CD platforms
- Awareness of performance, security, and unix server administration.
- Exposure to a variety of project management styles (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related experience.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
- Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
- Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
- Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.