Frontend service for API
Frontastic is looking for a System Engineer (f/*/m) as full-time or part-time (min. 80%) employee. We’re a remote first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. We will consider applications from candidates in Europe. (UTC to UTC+2)
We’re hosting our own software (SaaS) as well as customer extensions of our platform (PaaS) on the Google Cloud Platform while our customer sites often have to operate under high load. Our customers regularly deploy updates of their stacks themselves while we provide and maintain the Continuous Build and Deployment stack for them, enabling zero-downtime automatic deployments in guarded subnets for each customer.
You’ll work as a System Engineer, supporting and maintaining the infrastructure for our product and the scaleable infrastructure for our customers. Our infrastructure is automated using Ansible right now and we assume that migrating this to Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker will make sense in the near future for cost optimization. While continuously improving the infrastructure, you’ll keep the current stack working and support our professional services team during customer setup and in case of emergencies.
- Improve the current stack and eventually migrate to cost saving dynamic stacks (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Supporting Professional Services during setup and emergencies
- Be part of the On-Call rotation to maintain our customers SLAs
- Ensure security, resilience and scaleability of our infrastructure
- You reside and work in Europe (UTC to UTC+2)
- Are self described as more of a generalist than a specialist in your field
- You have a vision of how to better shape the development experience for all engineers and are happy to help providing the best possible infrastructure
- Relevant education and at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a system engineer or in a comparable field
- Experience with Networking, Cloud Infrastructures, Terraform and Kubernetes or similar technologies
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- You have good written and verbal English communication skills
- It would be helpful if you already have experience of working remotely
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement. We don’t require you to take off your local public holidays. You can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
You may notice that there is no salary listed here. This is intentional, we want to hire the best talent possible, and will consider all applications on their individual merit. Since we currently work from 12 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
To apply for this job please visit www.frontastic.cloud.