Testing and delivery for software products
Buildkite is the fastest, most reliable, secure way to deploy and test code at any scale. Making developers happy and productive makes us happy, and we’re lucky to work closely with some of the best software teams in the world, including Airbnb, Shopify, Intercom, PagerDuty, and Basecamp.
We are a privately held company that values sustainable growth, transparency and work-life balance. We’re currently a distributed team of twenty-six, and work remotely from Seattle, Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Tokyo, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin and Melbourne.
As a Senior Product Designer at Buildkite, you’ll work on a small team with a big impact, and help shape a tool that thousands of developers use every day. You’ll be working with our Chief Product Officer and co-founder Tim Lucas, as well as a Lead Designer and Production Designer. In this team you’ll have the chance to influence all corners of Buildkite’s product and brand.
- Pairing with a product engineer on Zoom to talk through a new feature being worked on, and working on improvements to UI, copy, and user flows.
- Mocking up user interface ideas in Figma, and posting them to Basecamp, to help clarify discussions between everyone on the team.
- Polishing a UI animation, and making UI copy and consistency improvements, on a GitHub pull request.
- Writing a post to the team on Basecamp with some design strategies and ideas, and getting feedback from a range of perspectives on the team.
- Giving feedback on and helping to iterate our UI component libraries, helping to empower the rest of the team with great design tools.
- Creating polished design assets for product launches, and designing changes to the Buildkite marketing site.
- Joining in the weekly design catchups over Zoom, giving feedback on a commissioned illustration project for a new conference sticker, and demonstrating designs you’ve been working on.
- Venturing into the far corners of Buildkite’s product, tools and documentation to understand how things are working in practice.
- An eye for detail, and feel comfortable advocating for the user through the lens of great design.
- The ability to navigate ambiguity, create clarity through design, and lead by example.
- Experience working closely with frontend and backend engineers, and enjoy participating in the process of bringing your design ideas to life.
- Worked on an existing product, helping to iterate it towards an overarching vision.
- The ability to seek critical feedback, ask questions, and participate in decision making.
- Experience with guiding discussions about tradeoffs in the product development process, and helping to ensure a cohesive product experience in the face of difficulties.
- An interest in helping build a small company with a big impact, and influencing many aspects of the business with great design.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other design tools.
- Basic proficiency working with Ruby on Rails or similar web app framework.
- An interest in working in a distributed company with cross-functional teams.
- Salary is dependant on experience and location. Salary amount excludes superannuation / 401k.
- Equity and profit share.
- 6 weeks paid annual leave.
- 6 months paid parental leave for primary caregivers, and 3 months paid parental leave for secondary carers with superannuation/401k and continuation of all benefits.
- Comprehensive hardware and phone budget every 24 months.
- Training and conference budget.
- Wellness budget.
- Private healthcare.
- Green commuting budget.
- Expense card.
- Home office expenses, and co-working budget.
To apply for this job please visit buildkite.com.