Connect apps and automate workflow
We’re looking for a Decision Scientist to join the Decision Science team at Zapier, with a focus on Customer Success and Support Operations.
Decision Science & Analytics is responsible for driving data insights, experimentation and quantitative research at Zapier. As a team, we work across Product, Revenue, Marketing, Finance and Support, steering our business stakeholders to take data-informed decisions and deepening business understanding of opportunities and weaknesses.
Decision Scientists are semi-embedded into different business zones, developing tight-knit thought partnerships with key stakeholders. This role will be focused on our Customer Success and Support Operations teams, partnering closely with Support leadership to define success, ideate and assess Support feature development (e.g. Zapier Community, Support chatbots) and using research, analysis and experimentation to guide the wider Support organisation to allocate resources effectively (e.g. through real-time ticket load balancing). If you are a creative Decision Scientist interested in helping to grow a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living, this may be the right challenge for you!
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you’ll get experience on many different projects to support our stakeholders in Customer Success and Support Operations. Here are some things you might get to help our teams with:
- Analyze and present Support’s impact on user behavior, such as churn, activation, engagement and upgrades. Work with support operations leadership to design, analyse and interpret experiments to improve these metrics.
- Use a variety of statistical methods to explore and discover user and operational insights in order to proactively guide a wide range of business decisions.
- Define and execute on measurement of initiatives across the various avenues for customer support, including premier support, customer success, and our community.
- Ensure all teams have insight to data and can answer their own first-order questions. Develop data literacy programs and provide easy to use tools with clear documentation, examples and tutorials.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model.
- Tools you’ll probably use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Google Analytics, Looker, Matillion ETL, and Python or R.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate complex technical topics clearly and approachably.
You’ve collaborated with senior stakeholders across support, sales & revenue, operations, or experimentation-heavy product, and have outstanding stakeholder management expertise. As a collaborative thought partner you’re gifted at explaining your findings clearly to a non-technical audience, and you’re comfortable with operating with a high degree of autonomy to proactively shape your roadmap.
You’re experienced in defining and analysing large, complex datasets, finding actionable business solutions to loosely defined Customer Success or Support problems.
You’re technically competent with relevant analytics tools (e.g. Python or R), including at least one SQL dialect – they’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
You’re experienced in designing and analysing rigorous experiments of varying degrees of complexity.
You combine your strong business acumen with statistical competence (e.g. confidence intervals, regression modelling, significance testing).
You have hands-on experience with common machine learning techniques (e.g. predictive modelling, time series modelling, classification and clustering techniques).
You’re excited by helping your team and stakeholders develop KPIs and self-serve dashboards. We believe in empowering our stakeholders to build their own dashboards and own their own first-order analysis.
You’ve mastered at least one data visualization tool: we primarily use Looker.
You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping solutions that simply work and work simply, while iterating as needed.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2+ annual company retreats to awesome places (once we’re all able to travel again)
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. We require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.