Connect apps and automate workflows
Zapier is looking for an experienced Data Warehouse Engineer to join our Data Operations team. We are a diverse, globally-dispersed team of passionate folks who allow Zapier to make data-based decisions about our customers, our product, and our direction. If you’re eager to work on a team where your voice is heard and even though the team is remote, our Data team is about challenges, amazing support, and comradeship. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’re looking for, read on:
- You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate about technical topics without unnecessary jargon. You translate unfamiliar data modeling concepts into approachable ones to teammates with less experience working with data.
- You have experience in SQL. You’ve used written complex SQL queries that join across data from multiple systems, matching them up even when there was not a straightforward way to join the tables. You’ve designed tables with an eye towards ease of use and high performance. You’ve documented schemas and created data dictionaries.
- You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with diverse teammates from any function of the organization or with any level of data knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
- You enjoy learning about the business or product goals so you can design data models that will empower analysts to build their own reports and dashboards and spend more time exploring the data. You have put together tools for data analysts and data scientists to build their own transforms.
- You have experience with star schema: You understand star schemas and have a reference copy of The Data Warehouse Toolkit on your desk. You have a nuanced appreciation for when and where the traditional approaches work and when they don’t. You have experience in ETL development. Bonus if you have modeled financial data.
- You understand that the perfect is the enemy of the good and default to action by shipping MVP code and iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
- Develop ETL to ingest and transform data from upstream databases and APIs into a data warehouse. The tools used include AWS Redshift, NiFi, Kafka, Matillion ETL, and custom Python.
- Data modeling, including designing and expanding slowly changing dimension and fact tables.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places (we’ll resume these after travel is safe for all of us!)
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.