Website Pixel Union
Premium tools and services for shopify
Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 85+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
As a Product Manager for our off marketplace themes and other partner-oriented products, you’ll be responsible for developing product strategy for the theme catalogue, executing on the product strategy, and communicating with stakeholders to develop a first-hand understanding of our customers.
You are the voice of the product internally and externally, collaborating with the product delivery team, marketing team, our partners, our customers, and other product managers across the company. An expert relationship-builder and arranger, you’re able to manage competing priorities across multiple teams and approach work with diligence, creativity, and have a knack for influencing.
Reporting to the General Manager, Themes, you’ll drive strategic priorities forward, inform and provide context on product KPIs, and collaborate on future product roadmap candidates. You’ll bring to surface opportunities to drive product development and process improvements within and beyond your business unit. You’ll be part of a close team that sees strong communication, exploration, adaptability, and collaboration as fundamental to its success.
- Balance business unit goals and vision, market needs and trends, product usage analytics, customer requests, and technical capabilities to develop a multiyear product strategy that can be broken into both a high level (longer term) and detailed (current year) product roadmap.
- Convert the product strategy into well-defined direction for the technical team. This includes communicating feature success criteria, prioritizing development work with your Dev Team Lead, and ensuring Dev and Design have the context they need to come up with solutions and build the features and products that meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure timelines are met or negotiated to satisfy internal and external customer commitments.
- Escalate risks and concerns to leadership, educating supporting departments and customers of product decisions and updates, and driving product development via your Dev and Design team.
- Be a brand ambassador online and at industry events.
- Product Management experience in a dynamic software development environment
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to understand business and market needs to evolve the vision for the products you lead and execute on that vision with your product development team
- Strong self-management practices with attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
If you have these skills, that’s a huge plus!
- Domain knowledge of themes across any digital platform
- Experience working with Shopify or other ecommerce platforms
- Knowledge of the Shopify partner ecosystem
- E-commerce agency production experience
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.