Website Great Minds
Digital and print resources
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Materials Manager, PhD Science will be a strong partner to our science teams, collaborating with writers, specialists, product management, and outside vendors to identify, source, test and document materials used in science investigations.
Reporting to the team Product Manager, the Materials Manager will:
- Collaborate with the science product team to align materials kits and components with the vision and strategy for overall product roadmap.
- Perform research to compare investigations, components, and materials kits to other products in the competitive space.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to identify component materials based on specifications determined by investigation specialists working with the content team.
- Create a testing program for new material components and kits to verify usability within the context of the curricular investigations based on the input of the investigation specialists.
- Build and maintain a database of materials documenting items, quantities, naming conventions, and where used.
- Work with science content and science edit teams to develop and publish lists of materials for a variety of use cases.
- Collect and act on feedback of material kit components and usability from implementers of the curriculum and the implementation support team.
Relevant Experience and Skills
The Materials Manager maintains intimate knowledge of the content and framework of PhD Science curriculum and product line, has general science content knowledge, and is expected to develop and maintain intimate knowledge of national and state level standards for science, and industry trends.
The Materials Manager is competent with technology and is willing and able to learn new applications as needed. Strong and professional written and verbal communications skills are essential.
Additional requirements are:
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Classroom teaching experience or equivalent experience in education, professional development and/or curriculum development
- Prior leadership / management experience preferred
- Data management
- Project management
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
- Commitment to high standards of excellence
- Professional Development
- 401k with 5% match
- Paid vacation days
To apply for this job please visit greatminds.recruitee.com.