Blockstack is software for a user-owned internet. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. Core protocols for Blockstack are developed as open-source and there are 400+ independent apps on the network. Blockstack PBC is a leading entity within the Stacks Ecosystem, advancing the initial research and development of the Stacks Blockchain and developer tools for decentralized applications. The mission of the open-source community and broader ecosystem is to provide software for a user owned internet that returns online data ownership to developers and consumers.
Blockstack PBC was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors in Canada, Europe, and Asia, Blockstack PBC is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here
Blockstack is looking for a Lead Brand Designer to own all branded communications within the Blockstack ecosystem. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to rebrand the Blockstack ecosystem, and unify our branded assets across various products, campaigns, and web properties, such as: Blockstack.org
, Blockstack explorer,
• Lead a generalized rebrand of the Blockstack ecosystem.
• Lead continuous upgrades and redesign of our key web properties.
• Partner with our CEO, growth, and marketing teams to produce campaigns, presentations, and live event materials.
• Partner with our product team to unify branding across our applications.
• Own concept through production for all branded communications.
• Design leader with experience from industry leading technology startups.
• History of collaborating with founders, product designers, growth experts, and engineers.
• Experience leading rebrand efforts and implementing design systems.
• Advanced writing skills and micro-copy expertise.
• Experience working with an asynchronous, remote team.
• 8+ years professional experience.
• Branding experience with decentralized ecosystems or crypto currencies.
• Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens–STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• $1000 per year of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment