Frontend service for API
Frontastic is looking for a Head of Frontend Development (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis. We welcome applications from candidates and freelancers based in Europe or on East Coast US (UTC-5 to UTC+2).
As Head of Frontend Development, you’re expected to be a key driver of innovation for our internal Frontend developers. You’ll work closely together with the product team to discover, innovate and implement solutions for market needs. The challenge is to provide an excellent frontend performance and to develop framework agnostic web components that can be connected with any API.
- Continuously improve the development experience of our customer’s developers, identifying extension points that can be used by frontend developers during prototyping, testing and development
- Pave the path for customer innovation by creating APIs which allow innovation on top of solid base libraries and a solid base framework
- Analyze the usage of extension points and define fast, resilient and future-proof extension mechanisms
- Design extension points for stability, backwards compatibility and customer use
- Assist in monitoring the extension points and improving their resilience in high load environments
- You have at least 8 years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer while using different stacks knowing their trade-offs
- Deep knowledge of handling customer abstractions and the involved challenges regarding resilience and performance
- Full awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software which is used by dozens and hundreds of customers
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience working remotely
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance for those staff in countries where health insurance isn’t mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement. We don’t require you to take off your local public holidays but you can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
To apply for this job please visit www.frontastic.cloud.