Website Retail Zipline
Real time operations for retail
We are an enterprise software company that’s leading the way in the retail industry. We have awesome customers, great investors and a talented team. We are looking for a Head of Design to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product and that our brand reflects our values. For this role, we are looking for someone who is an accomplished design leader that can build a team of talented designers across multiple disciplines, define a vision for our company and our product’s design, and set the tone for how our team achieves it.
- Recruit, manage and lead a team of team of user-centric designers
- Establish and evolve our product’s aesthetic and design system
- Partner with our product team to set a vision for our product
- Implement design standards and a regular review process
- Hold the team accountable for following our design principles
- Be a champion for our users within the organization. Come up with design and usability solutions that improve how they work
- Help shape ideas and prototypes so teams can quickly iterate and develop new features
- Represent and refine our brand aesthetic in partnership with marketing
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language
- Prior experience as a design leader at an earlier stage company. Need to have familiarity with the style, pace and uncertainty of a company at our stage
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to hire and develop design talent
- Established and managed relationships across product, engineering, marketing, and sales
- Proven track record of developing effective, easy to use products that delight users by making their lives easier
- A strong understanding of user-focused design principles as they relate to web applications, including accessibility and internationalization
- A love for writing and an understanding that copywriting is a huge part of design
- Must be able to own the process and lead meetings toward effective outcomes
More about you
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
- Experience working remotely
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
To apply for this job please visit retail-zipline.breezy.hr.