Connect apps and automate workflow
We’re looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who’s excited to build a world-class forecasting process at Zapier. If you love crunching numbers, in-depth financial analysis, and cross-functional collaboration, read on.
Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Work closely with department leaders to develop their annual budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze financial results and provide detailed commentary to stakeholders.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to better understand customer activity (churn, credit card declines, country/currency analysis).
- Consistently validate our assumptions for the measurement of important financial metrics
- Develop financial models to accurately project short and long-term growth in Annual Recurring Revenue.
- Recommend productivity and cost saving initiatives based on detailed analysis.
- Find ways to improve our processes through automation and innovative new practices.
- Prepare variance analysis by department and communicate the reasoning behind changes.
- Leverage BI tools to model our customer journey and interpret important metrics like churn and net revenue retention.
- Assist with the development and management of our annual headcount plan.
- Explain complex financial data in a simple way, across our transparent organization.
- Provide support to our Controller and CFO on various projects.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 5+ years of FP&A experience
- 1+ years working in a SaaS environment
- You are an effective team builder. You have a passion for mentoring people, developing talent and building a resilient team culture. Bonus if you’ve directly managed folks
- You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You love data. You analyze everything, look for trends, and always ask why. You know how to work in SQL.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented.
- You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You’ve got the credentials. A CPA, CA, CMA or CFA is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.