Blockstack is software for a user-owned internet. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. Core protocols for Blockstack are developed as open-source and there are 400+ independent apps on the network. Blockstack PBC is a leading entity within the Stacks Ecosystem, advancing the initial research and development of the Stacks Blockchain and developer tools for decentralized applications. The mission of the open-source community and broader ecosystem is to provide software for a user owned internet that returns online data ownership to developers and consumers.
Blockstack PBC was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors in Canada, Europe, and Asia, Blockstack PBC is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here
Our growing engineering organization is comprised of ~14 full-time engineers distributed across several time-zones. We are looking to add our first Engineering Manager to lead 1-2 teams of front-end and full-stack developers. This role is ideal for a hands-on, technical manager who wants to further develop their management skills, and will be reporting into the Head of Engineering.
• Manage, grow and mentor a high performing team of frontend and full-stack engineers
• Partner with Product Managers and other stakeholders to drive the roadmap and priorities for your team
• Own execution of your teams: set and execute against timelines for feature completion and create transparency around their progress.
• Promote a culture of engineering excellence and continuing education within our team and across the company.
• Be the guardian for a healthy, happy culture on your teams and beyond
• Contribute to and lead engineering-wide initiatives such as process and operational improvements
• Recruit, build, and retain a talented engineering team
• Experience operating in an ambiguous environment with a highly technical product
• Proficiency at project management; can make the right tradeoffs to ship projects on time with high quality.
• Experience managing front-end and full-stack engineers
• Experience partnering with product and design team to build out strategies
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Analytical and mathematical mind, demonstrative ability to evaluating and solving complex problems
• 5 + years experience in software engineering, with 2 + years combined tech leadership and people management.
Experience working on open-source projects
Experience managing a remote team
• Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens–STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• $1000 per year of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment