Open source software company
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
You’ll be part of eyeo’s Security & Privacy team, supporting the implementation of a new combined Information Security Management System (ISMS) and Data Protection Management System (DPMS). This includes collecting, documenting and assessing data and information about data protection-related processes, as well as keeping the register of procedures up-to-date. In addition, you’ll support the Data Protection Officer with her daily tasks, help the team administer privacy advice throughout the entire company (including its subsidiaries), and perform data protection impact assessments.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to…
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to collect information about security and privacy-related processes
- Advise eyeo’s many teams on privacy-related questions
- Help eyeo’s teams with structuring new data processing workflows
- Structure and document existing information processing activities
- Work in our ISMS/DPMS to provide accurate reports
- Collaborate in Jira and join the team’s Scrum sprints
- Bachelor/Master of Business Law or experience working with privacy matters at an established company/organization
- Knowledge of EU and German privacy laws / GDPR
- Interest in working in a remote-friendly company
- Fluency in verbal and written English, as well as native-level German
It’s awesome, but not required, if you know about…
- Data Protection Management System concepts
- ISO 27k standards
- Technical data protection
- Information obligations and data processing (agreements) under GDPR
- Basic knowledge in computer science
- Basic experience in project-related documentation
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
To apply for this job please visit eyeo.com.