Connect apps and automate workflows
We’re looking for our first ever Market & Customer Insights Manager. We’re in the midst of hyper-growth and already serving the automation needs of a global community of 6.5 million professionals, but we’ve only scratched the surface of our nascent product category.
As the founder of the Market & Customer Insights function reporting into the Head of Product Marketing, you’ll be responsible for developing market research best practices at Zapier and scaling and leading the team in the future in line with Zapier’s growth. You’ll use quantitative and qualitative research methods to generate meaningful insights that define where Zapier’s most promising market opportunities are and how to win them via market sizing, competitive analysis, GTM strategy validation, brand health, and more. By combining strong analytical and strategic acumen, you’ll own research initiatives end-to-end from project prioritization to insight delivery with the goal of influencing key decisions across the business.
- Market opportunity assessments — Determining the size, composition, and top needs of untapped marketing and product opportunities
- Buyer insights — Helping Marketing and Product teams understand the needs and journeys of buyers in new customer or market segments Zapier is entering
- Brand development and tracking — Using research as a means to shape our investments in Zapier’s brand and identifying opportunities to lean-in or change brand perceptions for our target audiences
- You’re experienced. You have 6+ years of experience with at least three of those years in a customer/market insights role. If you’ve spent some of your career in B2B SaaS, all the better.
- You’re fluent in diverse research methods. You’re skilled at conducting both secondary and primary research. Your primary research toolbox includes quantitative and qualitative approaches like programming and fielding large scale surveys, conjoint analysis, focus groups, in-depth interviews, and more. You deftly select the right research methodology to answer the business question at hand.
- You love analysis and insight development. You confidently and independently analyze results, regardless of whether it requires qualitative synthesis or quantitative number crunching. You’re driven to go beyond summarizing the data and instead deliver insights that distil the “so what.”
- You’re a true business partner. You dig in with your partners cross-functionally across marketing and product to understand the business challenges your stakeholders face and where research can — and can’t — deliver impactful insights.
- You take ownership of the roadmap. You maintain end-to-end ownership of the Market & Customer Insights research roadmap including discovery, prioritization of research needs, selection of the appropriate research methodology for the business question at hand, selecting and managing third-party vendors when appropriate, and helping stakeholders take action on insights delivered.
- You’re an outstanding communicator. You take pride in communicating insights clearly and compellingly and ensure that your stakeholders understand the implications of your work.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.