Connect apps and automate workflow
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our Product team!
Zapier’s embedded Cloud Engineers work closely with engineering teams to help them build production-ready services. You’ll be acting as the bridge between developers and our core SRE team. We look to our embedded SREs to ensure services are easy to deploy, monitored, highly-available, and resilient. You will act as an advisor to your service team and will help make design decisions. You’ll be providing input into our core infrastructure and helping to select technologies used across our engineering organization.
- Use AWS, Kubernetes and other cloud-native tools to achieve your objectives
- Deploy new applications and services with full CI/CD pipelines
- Implement observability tools, monitoring systems, and alerting
- Automate manual tasks using scripts or programming languages
- Migrate services out of existing systems as part of our microservice strategy
- Participate in post mortems and root cause investigations
- Share knowledge and mentor engineers
- Maintain good relationships with Site Reliability Engineering, and participate in the SRE Guild
- Implement strategies to handle bursts in workloads, improve resilience disaster recovery
We’re looking for an experienced operations engineer who is eager to use software development approaches to operations. You should have a breadth of operations experience, be actively practicing site reliability principles, and are familiar with DevOps. We’re continually improving our approaches to DevOps and SRE, and there are plenty of learning opportunities. You’ll be an excellent fit for this role if you can think about systems and how they fit into the overall picture, how they fail, and how to implement them.
You will have several years of experience in practicing DevOps and writing code to automate operations. You should have familiarity with tools automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, ArgoCD or others. You’ll know your way around Linux, and be familiar with containers (Kubernetes is our platform of choice.)
We operate entirely in the cloud, and you should have hands-on experience with cloud providers like AWS (the one we use.) Experience owning, maintaining, and supporting production services in the cloud is important.
As a bonus, well-honed experience with the fundamentals of software development will help you thrive in this role. You should know when BASH is getting out of hand and it’s time to use a different tool.
Writing is our primary means of communication, from pull requests, team chat, knowledge sharing, and communicating changes. Excellent writing skills are crucial to success here at Zapier. We are 100% remote and commonly work asynchronously. We even wrote a book on it.
You should feel comfortable taking a default to action. Most decisions are changeable. It’s better to deliver something real today over something maybe better later. Sharing context, goals, objectives, and in-progress work in public helps us all achieve a common goal.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.