Website Great Minds
Customized digital and print resources
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Business Analyst.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 600 people.
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- The Business Analyst’s main objective is to implement technical solutions and manage processes that provide the organization with the ability to remain adaptable and agile through constant change and innovation.
- Gather and analyze processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop solutions
- Lead on-going reviews of business processes and develop a strategy to optimize
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Document and communicate the results of on-going efforts to maximize efficiencies
- Effectively communicate insights to cross-functional team members, with a solutions-oriented approach to problems
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful, helpful reports that drive the team to take action
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) for larger project initiatives
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serve as a liason between stakeholders and end users
- Manage competing resources and priorities
- Assist in monitoring deliverables and ensure timely completion of on-going projects
- Assist in the solution, design, and testing of required system improvements / upgrades / patches
- Capture and respond to business requests for support services
- Provide communications on solutions and case updates to business stakeholders
- Analyze back office processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- 3-5 years experience in business analysis or related role
- Proven skills in problem solving and understanding business impact
- Effectively manage multiple priorities, resolve open or on-going issues, and complete tasks
- Commitment to timely delivery to internal customers and stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Comfortable working in a small, but fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and business impact of these technologies
- Knowledge and experience working with Intacct highly desired
- Knowledge of other technologies and integrations related to ERP systems, such as Salesforce, Avalara AvaTax, ADP/Workforce Now, Tallie/Concur, etc. is desired
- Advanced technical skills with a variety of business tools, outside of the traditional Office suite
- Willingness and motivation to “dig in” and help the team find a better, more innovative way of approaching tasks and solving issues
- Experience collaborating with agile and engineering teams and working with and being responsive to support requests (exposure to Jira ticketing system a plus)
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Understanding the unique business requirements of internal users, and translating/presenting those needs into a compelling vision and roadmap
- Professional Development
- 401k with 5% match
- Paid vacation days
To apply for this job please visit greatminds.recruitee.com.