Website WP Media
Making the web better, faster and lighter
Do you like to give space to your creativity to create a consistent brand image and tone of voice? Do you love creating the most amazing rewards experience for customers?
Do you manage connecting with people and maintaining a friendly and professional communication that invites people to trust you?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you.
In your job as a Brand and Communication Specialist, you will be the owner of our 4 brands and you will be communicating across all channels (website, social media, email, sponsoring…).
In this role, you will report directly to the CMO and you will contribute significantly in driving the company’s success by building and growing best-in-class brands.
For this position it’s essential to be perfectly fluent in English. And since we also communicate in French, you should be able to effectively and professionally write in French.
You will join our marketing team, which is based in Europe. We work remotely, and ideally you should live in a time zone between GMT+3 to GMT-5. We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map!
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a Brand and Communication Specialist, you should first enjoy our products! You will write and craft consistent communication to develop brand image, brand awareness and engagement.
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You will grow and develop our 4 brands, giving it more character and depth every day so that all customers find it loveable.
- You will be in charge of improving the way we talk about each product, our tone of voice, and how it adapts to different personas.
- You will collaborate with the marketing team and other departments to get insights and share news about what’s happening in the company,
- You will create consistent and desirable messages adapted to each communication channel (social media, emails, website, …)
- You will write blog posts about what’s happening internally (new releases, yearly review…)
- You will build and execute a social media strategy to broaden our audience, engage with our community and drive user engagement.
- You will be in charge of event sponsoring: providing product presentation, preparing booth material, ordering swags…
- You will provide communication and social media activity reports and input for improvement.
- Being yourself. Our team is diverse and composed of people from all over the world.
- Respect, collaboration, and inclusivity are some of our core values (more on this below). Every day of work is an exciting opportunity to get in touch with fantastic people who will enrich your cultural and professional background.
- Proven working experience in branding and communication. You have solid experience in branding and communication (ideally in a start-up or a major e-commerce company), and a great understanding of brand metrics and marketing processes.
- You are fluent in English and French. You will need to be able to effectively write and communicate in English and French, respectfully, and professionally.
- Communication and storytelling skills. You can communicate openly with people, and modulate your writing tone according to the channel you write for. Your communication is friendly and engaging, even when you write about very technical topics.
- Creative content creation (image/video). Words are not your only tool. You can create eye-catching visual content with images, GIFs, and videos. If you have experience in creating video tutorials, don’t forget to send us a link to your creations.
- Organization and multitasking skills. You can juggle different tasks but also ask for help when needed. The team will always be at your side to support you in case of doubt, and to spend happy moments exchanging funny animated GIFs!
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented. You define yourself as a positive and proactive person. You like to experiment and also maintain your actions customer-focused.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- Previous remote job experience.
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- Knowing the basics of web performance.
We will train you for this, and we will always have your back, don’t worry! But if you already have experience with web performance optimization, let us know.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.
- Flexible working hours
- Minimum vacation policy (you should take a minimum of 5 weeks per year: really, we don’t count them!).
- Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
- Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.