There are currently still assets listed in the top 50 that Exodus does not support. Your role as an Asset Integration Engineer is to bring additional asset support inside of Exodus. Additional asset support brings Exodus into the forefront of each respective asset community.
Exodus is a desktop application built using Electron with backend services written in Node.js. If you’ve never worked with Electron before, you can think of it like a marriage of Chrome + Node.js.
- Write backend servers in Node.js that integrate with the asset’s server.
- Choose database technology like LevelDB, LMDB, or Postgres to index and store addresses, transactions, etc.
- Modify the front-end React.js components in Exodus to support the asset.
- Implement or use 3rd-party libraries for asset signing and transaction creation.
- Work with the UX designers to implement UX edge cases specific to each asset.
Frameworks and Languages
- REST / GraphQL
- You have exchanged digital assets before and hold some of your savings in blockchain assets.
- You have a deep knowledge of the Node.js APIs and are comfortable writing asynchronous algorithms.
- You understand how to leverage the power of Promises, async / await, and generators.
- You have a basic understanding of cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypto, and signing.
- You have at least a few published npm packages.
- You have an understanding of how REST differs from GraphQL.
- You love writing code in Node.js and don’t understand why anyone would choose any other platform to write web services 🙂
- You take initiative and don’t wait for direction.
- You’re open-minded, humble, and value the best idea, not just winning.
- You’re able to clearly articulate your thoughts and ideas via written communication.
- You’re helpful and willing to offer assistance to other team members within the company or customers.
Characteristics We Look For, Straight from our own Team
- You take Initiative. We all tend to wear different hats from time to time, so we encourage trying out new things.
- You’re Passionate. Exodus is not just a job, it’s a mission.
- You’re Empathetic. Having the ability to give and receive feedback with empathy is instrumental in individual growth and company growth.
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow. The sky’s the limit if you’re hungry to succeed.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- Competitive compensation package.
To apply for this job please visit www.exodus.io.