Enterprise search software
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
As a Node.js Agent Engineer on the APM team, you will be part of a team developing a high quality, open source APM product aimed to help fellow Node.js developers instrument, debug, and monitor Node.js applications. As part of the agent team, you’ll be deeply involved with the entire codebase and take on responsibilities for new features, improving the resource footprint and roadmap planning. You will also be engaging with the open source community.
You will also collaborate closely with the APM Server team when adding new features to the server API and with the UI team to ensure that we deliver the best possible experience for Node.js developers.
The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on a daily basis over GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
- Improve the Node.js agent for Elastic APM
- Add new features
- Build new integrations with popular Node.js modules
- Improve the current code base
- The agent is open-source, so the job includes handling community pull requests, issues, etc
- Collaborate with APM Server and UI teams to ensure the best experience possible for Node.js developers
- You know and care about writing performant Node.js code and have traced performance issues yourself.
- Experience and interest in going deep on advanced topics such as async context propagation, libuv, V8 (garbage collection, memory structure, microtask queue etc), CPU profiling and the like.
- Experience with Node.js apis such as async_hooks, stream, http2, and worker_threads, as well as popular job queuing libraries etc. is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently in a globally distributed team.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience developing APM products or optimization related code. ie.
- You have worked developing an APM product
- You have developed or contributed to a performance improvement oriented Node.js library or tooling
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.